Sunday, December 2, 2012

   Well, Yes, it is December 2nd and I feel like blogging today. Many times I have sat down to write and then I think of something else I need to do.  But not today!
I realize that I still have this blog named as Marie's Walking Blog and I haven't talked about any
progress on my Walking.  I still do walk/jog as often as I can.  I try to go walk the River in Wenatchee at least once every two weeks.  It always makes me feel so good to know that I have
walked the whole 11 mile loop.......  I plan to do it tomorrow.
    Then every three days I walk around the farm or some other 3-4 mile walk.  I realize I have been
slowing down a little, but I still feel that I have to make time for walking.  It's that time of year that
I have to resort to the treadmill, too.  But I really feel much better about myself if I keep this going.
I probably have said that a thousand, no, maybe a million times in this blog.  But I do feel better!!
I have a strong, strong testimony of walking.  If you keep doing it when you are older, you will
generally feel better and be able to do more.   I hope I can keep it up.  My Dad is very good at this.
He is 77 and he keeps walking.  He has always been a very healthy man and I'm sure his walking has
been part of the reason.

   So I must write in here that I did do a 1/2 marathon this year.  I did the Ogden Valley Marathon with
my daughter Staci.  She is amazing. (Pic of her above) She had just given birth a couple months before.  Infact, we couldn't get a babysitter for little Lydia so we took her on the run w/us.  I can't believe how great she(Lydia)  was.  We only had to take her out of the stroller once on the run to hold her. Staci was actually holding her and giving her a bottle while running.  Unbelievable!
 I know.....but we finished the race and of course our time wasn't that great  - but we finished!
  It wasn't an easy race, because of the hills and the altitude in Utah (I'm not used to)
And I was really dying at the end, because I wasn't as prepared as I should have been.  Still, I'm documenting all this to try and keep myself going.  I should do at least 2 or 3 races a year, I know.  I'll keep trying....:)

No comments: