Monday, September 14, 2009

The Salmon, Idaho Marathon


Yep, I actually went through with it on September 12, 2009.  My first Marathon.  Here's a couple pics of Staci (my daughter) and I before and after the race. Staci did it in 4-1/2 hours and I did it in 5 hours 39 minutes.  Yes, I was a whole hour behind her, but I'm just so elated that I actually finished it and I was expecting to do it in 6 - 7 hours.  This is a major thing for me. I'll never forget it and I will be forever glad that I did do it.  But doing another one??? At this point (especially today as I feel all the sore muscles) I think I will stick to the 1/2 marathons.  I still plan to keep up my jogging around the Wenatchee river and at home, but I don't know if I'll ever do another marathon.  That's okay for now.  I'm so glad it's over and I will tell you more about it later. I'm still thinking about it a lot.  What an experience.......it makes me even more amazed at the people that do these marathons over and over.  This is an elite group of people.

No comments: