Monday, October 10, 2011

C.S. Lewis Quote

I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun at noonday-  not because I can see it, but by it I can see everything else.
- C. S. Lewis


   Yep, I really like this quote and I like C.S. Lewis. I've read a few of his books and have been very, very impressed.  I especially like his book  'Mere Christianity'.
 In fact, I'm pretty sure that is the book that this quote came from.
In 'Mere Christianity' he explained why he came to believe in Jesus Christ. He was an atheist before that. I wish I could put into words the way he explained it, but all I can say is that it made my testimony of Christ stronger. He really laid out the case that this explanation of Christ and his dying for our sins makes more sense than anything else.  Why else could we be here? Being the imperfect human beings that we are - this is a way for us to become more perfect.  Repentance makes sense.......Forgiveness makes sense.
And a God that loves us unconditionally makes sense.


On another note:
Today I saw some news on Mitt Romney.  They said that the poor guy has the plague of being a 'Mormon'.  They just won't let him hear the end of that.   I will be very surprised if he does get the Republican nomination next year, because they keep on bringing up his Mormonism as a problem.  And people say it is "A cult".   Now you know I'm a Mormon and I can assure you that our church is not 'A Cult'.
We are Christian. We believe in the Bible.
  Christ and his teachings are the basic foundation of our religion.
I guess they keep getting us confused with the 'fundamentalists' that are not members of our church, and they practice polygamy- which our church has not practiced in over a 120 years.

I really feel sorry for Mitt. They bring up this Religion Issue constantly with him. I guess they can't find any dirt - so they are trying whatever they can.
 I really loathe politics anymore.  I'm really surprised that anyone even wants those jobs.  I guess you have to get use to critics every where you turn and can you really trust anyone??    I can't ( in politics that is).





No comments: