Thursday, October 13, 2011

Quote of the day: Neal Maxwell

Time isn't your natural dimension.  There are days when you wish that time would pass quickly, and it won't, and there are days when you wish you could hold back the dawn, and you can't.  A fish is at home in the water, but we aren't at home in time; we belong to eternity.  If we were really at home in time we wouldn't wear wrist watches and have clocks on the wall.   We have to function in time, but in those moments when life presses in upon you,  remember you are struck out of eternity."
- Neal Maxwell

Time is a thought-provoking subject. I've thought about it alot.....:)
I worried about time a lot when my kids were young.  I was always in a hurry.
 I felt like I never had time to do all that I wanted to do.

I still worry about time, but I feel that I have more of it now that I'm older and don't have so many jobs to do.  And I have noticed that always worrying about time and having the frantic lifestyle leads to all kinds of problems.  Some of the symptons ( or problems) that showed up for me were:  Poor health, frustration, confusion, always losing things, chaos (no order), and loss of personal peace. These are just the few that I can think of right now.
 But I've realized over the years, that I'm not one to handle a chaotic lifestyle. I do have some friends that seem to thrive on it and do very well with a lot of things thrown at them at once.  Infact, I feel like my husband is pretty good with handling a lot.  I've just found that I'm not very good at it.  So I'm trying to do the best with this realization and handle my life accordingly. I know I'm not a lazy person.  I always find or have something to do.  But I also know that I'm not one to handle a whole lot. Yep, it's a fact.  I hope I don't get worse with age on this problem.
So for right now, I'm very happy with the life I have and I'm trying to manage my time to the best of my ability.
I'm so happy today that I had time to go walk the river in Wenatchee again. It was a nice fall day. It is feeling colder, but still nice walking weather.  I did do a little running, but I'm kind of slowing down on that.
 Life is good.

No comments: