Monday, October 31, 2011

Beezley Hill - Ephrata, WA

This is the first time that I have ever lost a whole post.
I honestly don't know what happened, but when I tried to Publish it.  It went blank and did nothing.
I think it was because I left it and came back to it later and hadn't saved it all along the way.
  Well, now the post won't be so great, but I'll hurry and try to re-coup part of what I said.

I climbed Beezley Hill last week and quite enjoyed it.  I have gone with friends a few times over the years, but this time I went alone. This is a picture of looking down about 1/2 way up:
Here's some pics of the new Breast Cancer Awareness memorial that's part of the way up, too:




Then right next to it - is the Autism Group's special spot:

Really nice, both of them.  I can't find the pictures I thought I took when I reached the top, but I do have a few of the lights that are up there. Depending on what time of year - they either have a cross, a flag, or a star.  I think that's it.  I don't live in town, so I don't see the hill every night.

Yes, it looks kind of dry and desolate.  That's why I like to drive to Wenatchee and walk the river.
But I think I'll try to walk this more.  It's nice to look down on the town of Ephrata. It's a nice town to be from.
Oh, and I almost forgot this picture.  It's one that I stole off of the Ephrata town website. Cool, huh?

1 comment:

Sputaansuu said...

I moved here shortly before Easter and the American flag has been up since Memorial day weekend. Was an exciting site to see. I was never aware that there was more to that area than just a light that changed based on season. Was curious what it would be next. I didn't even know there was public access to that area. Am quite intrigued. Thank you for sharing your experience.