Saturday, August 22, 2015

Hiking

Since walking from Huntsville to home, I have done a lot of hiking. And I've done a lot more walking from Huntsville to our Home.  I was also able to do the San Francisco 1/2 mara with Rocky last month.  But I'll have to talk about that later.  I'm trying to catch up.  This wonderful trip we had earlier this Summer - I just have to write about:

  We went to Kanab, Utah area with our Son, Rock one weekend. We were able to hike around some beautiful area.  One amazing hike is through Buckskin gulch. It is a narrow walkway between two big rock hills that goes on forever.  I will post some pics.   We also got to see the beautiful "wave" that is in that area. Sooooooo awesome.  It is a sight that you can't believe you are actually seeing. You are constantly wondering " how was this formed?"  
    Then we spent a day with a very good guide who took us on a very primitive road way to "The White Pocket Area".   This place had formations that I've never ever seen in my life.  I was so amazed that this place existed. Here are some photos:
This spot looks like the Rock was clay once and someone walked through it and put in their footprints.
The above is in the 'White Pocket Area'




Above:    This is the WAVE  that I told you about earlier.


Here's Rocky Jay standing in the light between the two Rock mountains that go on forever in
Buckskin Gulch






The above two pics were taken at 'White Pocket".   The Rock formations were so amazing!


I will sign off w/this pic.  But there were sooo many more that I can't even begin to choose. We really saw a lot of country.   Loved it!

No comments: