Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Walk from Huntsville

Well, my first 10 mile walk in this area is accomplished!  It was better than I expected.
Jay dropped me off in Huntsville and I walked back to our home in Eden.  It was a beautiful day.
It did rain a little at one point, but for most of the day- it was nice.
I think I can handle doing this one (walk) often. There is a nice paved walking path - most of the way.
Also, I noticed, that most people I encountered were very friendly.   Example:
I saw a minivan parked in a precarious place on the road. It was a young gal with 2 children in the car. I asked her is she was okay and she motioned me to come over.  She pointed out to me what she was looking at. She said that she was showing her kids these beautiful big birds in a tree across the way. We talked about the birds and what kind we thought they were (Ravens or something), then she told me about herself and I told her a few things about me and why I live here now.
Anyhoo, we had a great exchange and then she went on her way. I reflect on this and realize that has happened to me a lot since I have moved here.  So many very nice and friendly people.
I think I'm going to like it here......:-)

 I live in such a beautiful Valley.

No comments: