Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Joyful, Joyful, (We adore thee)

   Today's song: 'Joyful, Joyful (We adore thee) sung on my 
 IPod by Amy Grant. Yes, I adore her. I read her Book  - 'Mosaic'.  What  a beautiful person she is.  I feel that  I have a lot of beautiful people in my life that are like her. It's nice to contemplate these things.  I guess I have more to contemplate, now that I'm fifty. Ohhhhh, I still can't get use to that...... fifty,fifty,fifty...........:-(
  Today I walked 4 miles. I tried to do some jogging, also.  But for some reason I have no zip.  I expect to have some kind of zip tomorrow.  I've got to gear myself up for  this big walk.
It's been a great day so far.  I was able to do some work outside (after my walk) and I've just been cleaning and puttering around the house all morning.  It's nice to have those days - where you really don't have to be anywhere or have too much on your agenda. Thanks to the Lord.
The above picture is of me and my youngest granddaughter - Kallista. This was a year or so ago, when she wasn't very old at all. Can't get any better than that.....:-)

1 comment:

robert said...

Your reference to Henry van Dyke's hymn, "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee" caught my eye. Today is the 157th anniversary of his birth. I'm not quite that old, but passed 50 many years ago. I can identify with the experiencing a lack of "zip." But we keeps going and does our best. God bless.