Friday, September 25, 2009

September 25th

Well, it's been well over a week since I last posted. A lot has happened. Last Friday, they named the Toppenish High School Football Field after my Dad - Bob Winters.  I went over to Toppenish for a couple days to help out. They had a Barbeque before the game that my Mom spearheaded - so I felt I should help with that.  It really was a nice event and lots of people came. It was really wonderful for our family. I  was able to  listen to a lot of praise from old friends and football players of Dad's. He really did a lot to help many Young Men on the path of life. I'm so proud of my siblings and my parents -who all have done a lot in serving the public by being teachers, coaches, administrators, etc.

Well, to get on with what I've been doing all this week. Jay and I flew into Denver on Monday and we will be flying out tomorrow.  We had a glorious week = traveling -practically- the whole state of Colorado.  I can't even touch on all the beautiful scenery that we have seen. But we've always wanted to see Colorado and now we finally have!  Monday - we went up to Estes Park area and stayed overnight. Then Tuesday, we went through the Rocky Mountain National Park.  We saw a lot of Elk, but it was a cold day. I couldn't believe that it had snowed the night before.  We drove down through the Vail Ski Area and then further south to Aspen.  We drove through the rain and snow that day ,but saw some beautiful mountain area and took a lot of dramatic pictures on the pass south of Aspen. Then we stayed the night in Gunnison, Co.  We had the best dinner of our lives there in Gunnison! The name of the place was 'The Trough'.  Oh!  The Prime Rib just melted in my mouth. I've never tasted meat that was that good.
Then the next day- we went through Montrose and down to Cortez. We spent time at Mesa Verde National Park.  We walked through all kinds of old Indian "Pueblo' dwellings.  One area was called 'Cliff Palace' - we had a tour take us down to that and tell us all about it. AMAZING!  Then we drove over to Durango and spent the night there.   Durango is a really nice touristy town. We walked all over downtown area and found an Italian place and had a good dinner.
Well, the next day was a gorgeous drive through Silverton. 
Oh!  I just realized that I skipped the most beautiful area of all!!  Telluride area...after going through Aspen area...we had the most beautiful day in Telluride and we rode the Tram up the Mountain and then down into another village area.  It was gorgeous.  Oh, brother, I guess I'm not good at re-telling a trip.  I left out some things.  But I'm sure that this is just a journal for myself, so hopefully, no one will critique this!
One other thing, we were able to spend some time around Colorado Springs area yesterday. We saw 'The Royal Gorge' - 'The Garden of the Gods' -'The WoodlandPark area'   So I guess that about sums it up- I know I have skipped some things.  But as I sit here in a hotel close to the Denver Airport tonight......I'm so thankful to have had this experience with my Husband.  What a blessing to be able to do this.
I didn't get to do much exercising, as we were in a vehicle most of the time.  But this morning, I did get up early and ran 4 miles on the treadmill.  I'm going back home ......:-)

No comments: