Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The HIGH - After the 1st Marathon

Yes, the last few days, I feel like I've been on a high. I guess it's because I've had such a mental block about doing a full marathon.  I really didn't think I could do it - now I know that I can. I'm just so happy that I could actually do it.  I've been wanting to do this for years. It just took a little push from my daughter and a little encouragement from other members of my family.
And I did know others that have done it - and lived to tell about it.  So I am elated that I could finish and not feel so horrible (as I thought I might).
.......  Now ....what to do now........I know I need to continue my walking......as much as possible.
I can see that it will be a hard thing to do for the next couple weeks. I did walk 3 miles last night, but today I worked at the Physical Therapist's (in Ephrata). - It's a job that I sub at ...every now and then.
And this weekend is full with things going on with my family (The Winters' in Toppenish).  Then Jay & I are going on a trip to Colorado for a week.  Then after that I will be going over to Staci & Chad's to spend a little time with the Grandkids and then there goes 2 -3 weeks of not much exercise.
NO, I'm going to have to throw in my exercise clothes and do what I can on the road.  I'll let you know if that works.  I probably should plan a 1/2 mara for the end of October - just to keep me motivated.
It's a continual thing....I realize........:)
And I guess I'm going to take a break from the 'Song of the day'  thing that I was doing. I'll probably start that back up in October.  For some reason things in my life have been speeding up a bit , lately....

No comments: