Friday, October 7, 2011

Honesty Quotes-

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything   - Mark Twain

Who lies for you will lie against you.  - Bosnian Proverb

No Man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar.  
-Abraham Lincoln

A half truth is a whole lie.   - Yiddish Proverb


Ok. okay,  that's probably enough quotes on honesty.  But this is something that I've been thinking about, lately.  My mother lost her check book in a grocery store in Salt Lake City, Utah.
She was so worried about it, but got a call the next day that some one had turned it in and all the checks were there.  How nice.....that was a good example of honesty.
Unfortunately, I've had a bad example of honesty show up in my life this last week.  My credit card was compromised on-line.  Some how somebody hacked my # and started charging things on-line.
Luckily the credit card company caught it right away and had my # cancelled and changed.
But the damage is done in my trusting the security of using my card on-line.   I had that card and the same # for the last 20+ years.  I used that for everything.  Now I have a new # and I'm afraid to use it.
Oh, well......life goes on.  I still like the convenience  and ease of ordering things on-line.

No comments: