Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Gloomy or Glorious

Life can be legitimately seen as a painful tragedy or a purposeful triumph.
Each of us must choose. I choose to see God at work blessing His children in wise and loving ways.
The very fact that God has created a world in which everything can be seen in gloomy or glorious ways seems to be evidence that He honors our agency.
- H. Wallace Goddard

Yes, Everyday we are making choices on how we see and interpret the things happening in our lives.
It is so easy for me to get stuck in a rut. I can get frustrated and think that my life is so limited in what I can and can't do. I don't feel I have the time and energy to do all that I want to do. AND I don't like to commit to things, because I hate to feel trapped in to what I have to do.  Hummmmm.......does that make sense??
I am one that really LOVES  my freedom. I like to be able to walk in the mornings, read a book when I want and go see my grandkids when I want.
I have been blessed to be able to do these things and more -- to travel and be available for my husband and other family members. Also, I've had time for different church jobs and been able to play the piano/organ at various functions.

I have had a few different paying jobs in my life, and I've learned a lot from them. BUT I felt like I was held hostage.  I definitely didn't like to be controlled with my precious time.......:) I'm so glad that I can plan my days myself- right now. 
 I just have to remember that I have a choice in how I'm looking at my life.  Is that glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty??
I read an obit. of someone that really has left a mark in this life. She did a million different things and was involved in a hundred different charities and raised 8 kids and made quilts and was the best gardener, etc. etc.    Uh-oh, there I go comparing myself to someone else again.
I've learned that is the wrong thing to do and I've tried to help my daughter not do this either.  But that is where I have to catch myself and tell myself how great my life is - there really isn't anything gloomy about it. (except in the winter when everything is so darn cold and gray....:)

There really are ample reasons to fret in this life. Don't get me started! There's
a lot that just isn't fair and it is so sad to see friends/family suffer and in so much pain.
BUT   ...The Sun is starting to shine more. Spring is in the Air.  Now is the time to shed any negative, sad, or gloomy thoughts. I will!  I will!
God wants us to be happy.  We are suppose to be joyful.  I just have to remember that I have the choice.  Like my mother always says, "I choose Joy".


No comments: