Friday, September 16, 2011

I will never complain again.

 Yep, I know sometimes I sound like I'm complaining when I hike a little mountain like Saddle  Rock Mtn.  in Wenatchee.  Well, I'm not going to complain like that again. We took a trip with our son, Rocky the Dr. last week to most all of the Southern Utah National and State Parks. It really was an awesome trip, but he took us on a hike that really could have killed us. It was so dangerous climbing up the rock that they told us they have had fatalities every year!  What were we thinking??
Well, we weren't - we just blindly did what our son told us to do and didn't think it would be as hard as it was. I'm still amazed that Jay and I actually pulled it off. I'll show the pics of the Mountain we climbed later here.  First I'll show you a few that we took in Bryce National Park and Zion's:



 Here's where we started to climb up Angel's Landing in Zion's National Park. It really was amazing scenery.



 Maybe this doesn't look like we are as high up as we are, but let me tell you - we are high up. It took us 2 hours to get up here and the last half of the way we were pulling ourselves up - hanging on to a chain. In some spots there were dramatic drop-offs on both sides.  I'm not exaggerating here....

Do you see Jay in the bottom of that Pic?
That's what we had to climb up!




We climbed to the top of that.



I don't know how this got here, but this is called Delicate Arch and it is in Arches National Park near Moab, Utah. That's Jay & I in the middle of the Arch.

Here's Angel's Landing.



Here's Delicate Arch again. That's Rocky in the middle of it there.

I have lots more pictures, but I think I'll stop here. Rock took over 1000 pics and I took more than I have ever taken on a trip before.  It really was something.  I didn't think Utah had that much red rock and unbelievable scenery, but it does.  Really, some of the pictures don't do it justice.  The last place we went to was 'Canyonlands' and the view at the point - I think it is called Dead Horse Point - it was out of this world.  I won't even post my pictures, because they don't look as wonderful as it was. I've seen the Grand Canyon and this looked as great or greater in my opinion.
Fabulouso!

2 comments:

Vegas Discount Gifts & Shopping said...

More power to you for climbing! I stopped by there with a few friends who took me fishing at Panguitch Lake, UT. Wonderful view. Yeah, I think complaining can be ruled out. lol One has to see it to believe it. Great pictures, they remind me of the ones that I took on that adventure. :)

Sylvia said...

Ahhhhh!! I am so glad you are still with us in the world of the living! Congratulations to both you and Jay.