Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Quote Today - Henry David Thoreau

"It's not enough to be busy, so are the ants.  The question is, what are we busy about?"
Henry David Thoreau

Yea, I hope I can not be wasting my time away too much. I tend to find plenty of things to be busy with, but a lot of it doesn't matter that much. I'm usually pretty content and happy with my life and what I do.
But for some reason, last night, I kept dreaming that I was busy, busy, busy and running around like a chicken with his head cut off - for no reason at all. Is this dream trying to tell me something??
Probably.......
I've spent a lot of time on the computer, lately. And most of it is trying to update the address list of my classmates in High School.
I'm on a committee to help with our 35th Reunion next year and we want to send out a postcard soon now to tell everyone about it so that they can reserve the date.  I don't know......I really don't mind doing this stuff, but I can get to caught up in it and spend too much time on it. I am a perfectionist in some things and have to have things right. Oh, well. I guess I'm an ant.
But still, I know I'm more than an ant. I think we are all like the iceberg above. So much is below the surface.  We are all really quite complicated - if you think about it.....:)

No comments: