Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Canal Caper

Well,
I didn't take any pics this year (today) of The Canal Caper (10 K) in Ephrata. So this one from last year will have to do. (Paula Cobb, me, Janene Cobb)
I really, really should have taken one, because it was the best weather we have had since I can remember!
And I've been doing this race (on and off, mostly on) for the last 10-15 years.
They were celebrating it's 35th year this year.  And the race director - Joe McManus - has been
running this event the whole time. This is his last year. What a nice man, I could tell he was a little
choked up today about it all.
I was able to run/walk and I did my usual (around 75 min.) But I could tell it was harder for me today.  I/m just not in the shape I would like to be! So I'm going to commit to doing better this year.
Yes, I said it - now I've gotta do it.

No comments: