Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Let's give it a try.....:)

Yes, I know it's already the end of January, but I think I want to try and do what I said in the last post:
Give a thought or quote for the week.  Here's my quote for this week:

 There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy.  By being happy we sow anonymous benefits upon the world.    Robert Louis Stevenson

I believe it is human nature for us to keep thinking that we will be happy after something happens:
when I get that new job, or the new house, or a bigger kitchen, or when my kids grow up, or.....etc. etc.    I  realize at this time in my life that I have to try and make happiness a habit.  Every morning I wake up - I've  been given a wonderful gift -  another day of life -  so  I have to make the most of it.
No one can do it for me.  It really is a state of mind and I have the power to make it a state of my own mind.  I hope that I will do that more now.
  My husband and I are in the process of moving to another state. We are blessed that we can do this. We can live closer to our kids and grandkids. We are able to semi-retire. It is a blessing and I have to look at it that way.  But right now, I'm feeling a little sad about leaving a place that we have lived at for 30 years.  We raised our kids here. We have family and friends here. 
 But now it will never be the same, because we will come back as visitors from now on.  Someone else will be living in this house. I have to let it go and let a new chapter of our lives begin. I think we are ready. But it is a bittersweet thing to move away from a place that has been your home for so many years.


No comments: