Monday, February 2, 2015

Optimism

No Pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit..... - Helen Keller

I'm keeping with my happiness theme for awhile. Especially since it's the first part of the year and it is  gloomy and gray outside. I always have a tough time with January and February. I'm a person that loves light (sunshine).     I'm sure I've said that already, but it doesn't hurt to repeat it....:)
  So it is a little hard to be feeling Optimistic when the weather is cold and disagreeable.
But being and feeling optimistic has always gone back to the word "Gratitude' for me.  When you start counting your blessings, it is very hard not to feel Optimistic about your life.
So that is what I try to do as often as I can. Start thinking about all the things I am grateful for.
My Family is probably the first one I think of and then my Health. And of course then there are many other physical and spiritual things when I start thinking about it.  So by the time I am done, I am feeling very Optimistic about this life.   I just have to keep reminding myself about that important word "GRATITUDE!!

No comments: