Monday, June 7, 2010

Discombobulated....

DISCOMBOBULATED - having self-possession upset - thrown into confusion.

   I heard this word on the radio the other day and it really intrigued me.  I kept saying it over and over - I'm trying to add it to my vocabulary, but I never seem to find the right time to throw it in.  Oh, well...........
I thought of it again today on my walk and decided that when I get home - I will look up the definition.
Well, that's the definition (above).  But why don't they just say: confused, or bewildered, or disconcerted??
That's what I thought it meant.
 I guess I'm pretty close.

I'm really not feeling discombobulated, but then again, I'm sure I should be. There are so many things we should be feeling discombobulated about these days, right?!   The Oil still pouring out in the Gulf,  the War on terror still going on over seas, the uncertainty with the immigration problem, the mess with our Healthcare system, and........just give me another minute and I'll think of more............you get my point.
   Well, I really don't want to talk about all that stuff.  I just wanted to present the word ..'DISCOMBOBULATED'  to you.   I think it's a cool word. :)


Here's a pic of a pretty tree on my walk/jog. What a beautiful day it was today and I can say that I went 10 miles. I'm feeling it tonight, but it's not that bad.   I just felt like I was in heaven today.  Everything looked so beautiful to me.  Everything looked so green and the sky blue and the sun shining and............
need I say more?  I felt so blessed to just have the time to be able to do this today.
I listened to my wonderful tunes and it seemed that all my favorites just happened to play today.  Okay maybe I'm laying it on to thick, but I want to just enjoy how wonderful it all was.  Because we all know that life goes on and in order to have these wonderful moments - we have to have the ugly, sad and not-so wonderful moments. 
You've gotta take the good with the bad or you don't deserve the good.(what my Dad always says.)

No comments: