Monday, August 2, 2010

Still trying to keep up the walking....

Yes, this is a pic of one of the spots around the Columbia River where I try to walk at least once a week in the summer.  I just haven't been keeping it up as good this summer as I have the last two.
(Well, I guess there's still August left.....)
   I did walk at least 3 - 4 miles around the farm these last two days, but hopefully, sometime this week -
I will walk the 10 miles around the river.
  Life always gets in the way and the first thing I tend to do is: stop my walking.  They say it takes 21 days to do something and make it stick as a habit.  I don't think that applies to walking/jogging.  I can be very diligent at doing it for a long time and then all of a sudden something happens and a week goes by, then another week and then....... I'm all out of shape again.
I started this blog about a year ago. And I started it so I could keep up the walking/jogging thing and report about it.  I thought that being accountable to a blog might keep me going.  Well, it did for quite awhile and I did accomplish finally doing a full marathon.  But it really has been hard to keep myself motivated to continue. I suppose I should try for another marathon, but I can't get myself to commit to that again.
I think it's okay if I try and just keep doing the 1/2's, but they aren't easy to find  and plan out either.
Oh, well............
This has got me thinking.....
I need to just plan the next 1/2 mara and have something to look forward to that will keep me going.  I guess it's time to start doing some research on 1/2 maras for this fall. Back to browsing on the internet again!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

That is a very pretty picture. You have had such a busy July!