Thursday, September 30, 2010

getting to the Airport early...

Yes, I have a very weird quirk about getting to the Airport extra early. I'm always afraid I'm going to miss my flight - so I make sure I'm there 2 hours early no matter what.  It's a psychological thing and since 9/11 - it's gotten worse.
   Right now we are sitting in the SEA/TAC airport and much to my husband's chagrin - we are two hours early.
I take care of all the flight, hotel, and other arrangements when we go on a trip - so it's my family members' own fault if they don't know the actual flight time that we take off, right??!!
Today we take off at 11:30 and I told Jay - around 11AM. (You think he would have figured it out by now!)
But I always say at least a half an hour earlier, because I'm afraid of running late.   Maybe it's because I have missed a plane before and once was enough for me!!
  We are going to Mobile, Alabama to see our son.  I'm excited, because this time it should be a more leisurely trip than last time - when we drove 5000 miles(round trip) to take him his stuff .
The guys plan to do some golfing in Florida and maybe we will get to see some places that we haven't before. Well, I am getting low on battery - so I'll sign off. 
But it's so nice to be here and so relaxed at the airport while we are waiting for our plane.  Just don't ask Jay how he feels about it.....:)

No comments: