Thursday, September 16, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday.....all my troubles seemed so far away. Now it looks as if there here to stay.....Oh, I believe in Yesterday.......
Sorry... after I wrote that title. It made me think of the song "Yesterday".  Not a bad song. But it's not exactly how I feel right now.  I feel pretty lucky and don't feel like I have a lot of troubles right now. (knock, knock, knock on wood). 
I just thought I'd blog about the great walk around the river that I had.....Yesterday. Here's a pic that I took. Doesn't the river look so peaceful?? In fact, it looks like a lake in this picture. The water doesn't look like it is moving at all.  But I promise you - it is the Columbia River in Wenatchee. There was one place that I walked by that was so stagnant that the algae smell was very, very strong.  This is not how the River usually is - so that's why I took the pic.

On this walk, I also had my first encounter with a deer as I walked aound a bend in the path. I don't remember ever coming face to face with a deer on this walk.  I was a little startled, because I about ran right into her, but she seemed calm and just moved very slowly away.  Wierd, usually the animal is more startled than the human.

Well, it was a nice day and today was great, too.  I can't complain.
I was able to go in to work (Columbia Basin PT) one day this week and I felt like I worked hard that day. It always makes me happy that I don't have to go to work every day.  But I do enjoy the socialization of it all.
 I see a lot of old friends and meet new ones every time. It's good for me.

No comments: