Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Baby Gwen

Yes, little baby Gwen did come! What a long day it was for my poor daughter.  She was induced (early, early in the morning) and had contractions on and off all day, but nothing big was happening. 
Then I guess all of a sudden at 4:30pm the baby started coming and she came within a 1/2 an hour. I guess when the baby comes that fast - they tend to get really bruised.  Yes, she looks bruised and she has a cleft lip.  Not a cleft palate, but a cleft lip - which did scare Staci at first, but I think she now realizes that it's not that bad.  The baby seems to be healthy in every other way.  She (the baby) will have to have surgery to fix the lip within the next couple of months, but the Dr. seems to think it's not that big a deal.
It's true that it is such a miracle that all things come in to play - so well orchestrated - to put together this little person.  So as I tell my daughter that it is not something that she did and she can't blame herself (as most of us tend to do) - I do understand why she is so emotional about it. Hey, it's a big event.  It's soooooo emotional anyway.
What a wonderful thing it is - to see your daughter and son-in-law  - be such great parents. They really are amazing and they show much love to each other.  What more could a Mother and Grandmother ask for??
I am faring okay with tending the other three, but of course, I won't be doing any walking/running until I go home.  That's okay - I feel good that I could help out. 
My 6 year old grandson is quite a funny little boy. Yesterday when his 2 sisters were bugging him - he said,
" Hummmmmmmmmmmm.......this makes me wonder how I'm going to handle another one."
I tried hard not to laugh, but it was so funny the way he said it.  Out of the mouth of babes..........:)

1 comment:

Arianne said...

Good luck to your daughter, her husband and baby Gwen!
With a family like yours behind them, everything will be just fine....