Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My black remote automobile key thingy.......

Yes, today started out so wonderful, but as we all know- things can change in a heartbeat.

I was finally getting the chance to take my long walk around the Columbia river that I try to do
at least once every 2 weeks.  And I was feeling much better than usual today - I just felt so happy
to be out in nature and enjoying the beautiful scenery all around me.
I think part of it was because I had been  babysitting for the week before and now I was free!
Free to do what I want!
I had walked for at least 3miles - (listening to my tunes and jogging every now and then)-
When I touched my right pocket and realized that it wasn't bulging w/my black remote automobile key thingy.   Usually I put my key in a special compartment in my jogging pants - where it doesn't come out.  But today I put it in the right pocket of the windbreaker that I was wearing.  I even covered it with some kleenix - thinking that there was no way it could come out.  I know......I know......I should never change my procedures when it comes to my walks/runs.
Well, all of a sudden everything changed - I was in a panic.  I retraced my steps (3 miles worth) and I asked everyone that I encountered on the path "did you see a black auto key remote thingy anywhere??"
No one had..........so then my mind automatically thought the worst - what if that shady-looking guy that I saw earlier - found it and went to the parking lot and stole my car!!
I do believe that if you think of the worst that could happen - then what happens isn't usually as bad as you thought.   Well, that did work for me today.
 I got back to my car (which is new and I've only had for a month BTW)  and I realized that I have this thing called  ONSTAR  that came free w/the vehicle for a year!
Talk about amazing......that's one benefit about living in this day and age.   I was able to call onstar on my phone and they just asked me a couple questions and 'Whoooola'!  I heard a click. :)   My car was unlocked.
 Oh, and I forgot to say that my other ring of keys was in my purse that was locked in the car.

I still am waiting for the right moment to tell Jay , since he is fixing our broken oven at the moment.  Maybe sometime when we can both laugh about it.  I feel like it is just too fresh of an incident to laugh about right now and I am still feeling guilty about losing the key remote.
  Isn't it funny how an incident like that can change the mood of your whole day?! 
No, I guess it's not that funny.

No comments: