Friday, March 11, 2011

150

This is my 150th post!
That is really something for me - since I know I'm not that great of a writer. I just enjoy being able to document this little life I'm living.  And of course, I love reading my family and friends' blogs!

I know I've put these pics on this blog in the past, but I just really, really like them - so I'm putting them up again. Yes, it's of the walk around the river that I love so much.
I went again today. It was cold and really rather ugly looking out, but I know it's going to change soon.  Spring is coming!! I hope. On the drive home, the sun did start to come out and made me think of Spring.

Last night there was a horrific earthquake near Japan and it caused a horrible Tsunami to take hold of part of that big Island. There are a lot of people missing and a lot of deaths. 
 I don't know the count right now, but the Tsunami went West and also hit Hawaii and the west coast today. I guess it didn't cause as much damage, but it was quite a scare.
This earth quake was said to be the 5th largest one in recorded history. That's what I heard on the TV this morning anyway.  Unbelievable.
It seems as if we are hearing of more natural disasters in our world.  Didn't we just have the earthquake in Christ Church, New Zealand happen??   And that horrible earthquake in Haiti doesn't seem like that long ago.   What a crazy world.
I guess I don't want to dwell on that stuff too much today.  Watching the news right now is really hard to take. You feel so badly for all these people whose lives are turned upside down over night.
I feel so blessed that I could have a nice day - even if it was a little cold outside.

No comments: