Friday, March 4, 2011

Don't look back.......too long.

Yea, Yesterday is gone and we shouldn't dwell on it too much.
Ever since I've been on Facebook (it's been a good long time now), I've had a strong case of Nostalgia.
I have really enjoyed re-connecting with old friends. But maybe a bit too much. (I'll try to explain):
  A few weeks ago I dug into a bunch of old letters that I have saved from 30+ years ago.  I really got into them. It made me remember alot of things I have forgotten. 
(But a lot of it is stuff that doesn't matter or apply to now.)
 I've talked to my mom and a couple friends about all these old letters and had a good laugh. But then I realized that it is all in the past and I should just throw them(the letters) all away.
The problem is:  "I CAN'T!'  Am I a hoarder?  I thought I was pretty good about cleaning out my closets and getting rid of things, but not sentimental things, I guess.
I have a lot of old Christmas cards, Thank you's, and just nice letters from family and friends.  I've decided that I need to thin out some more and maybe put the others in a binder w/plastic sheets.  I don't know - it might have to wait just one more year.......:) 
Major procrastination, I know.
Anyways, to go back to the Facebook thing.
I enjoy talking to old buddies on there.
I've just noticed that we really remember things differently about 'the good ole days'. That's okay, but it makes me realize that I shouldn't look back ....too much and for too long......:)
I'm sure that's what happened to Lot's wife in the Bible.  It was probably ok for her to look back for a minute, but she must have really, really looked back. (for a long time). In fact, I'll bet she turned and walked back towards Sodom and Gomorrah (quite a ways). 

That's my 2 cents for today.  Just want to say that I was able to do the 11 mile walk today. It was colder than normal, but it was still a wonderful day.
It always is when I can walk that walk and listen to my tunes...

No comments: