Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Footprints

  Yesterday I walked around the Columbia River again in Wenatchee.  I thought that the day I went walking  last week was my last time for this year, but I was lucky.  Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day and it felt like it was warmer than last week.  I did more jogging yesterday - so I did feel better.
 But then last night I was up half the night coughing. Jay has had a bad cough for a week or so. I should have known that I would eventually get it.  I tried real hard this time not to kiss him and all that stuff, but darn!! I still got the cough.  Oh, well.............................................

Today I'm thinking about our footprints that we leave behind us. I saw some of my own footprints in the dirt outside today - as I was cleaning up around the house. (We had a terrible wind and it blew garbage all over the place.)  Anyways, after thinking about footprints that we leave behind.  I thought of the famous poem we've all read called "Foot prints'. I'm sure you've heard of it.
   It made me think. What kind of footprint will I leave behind to my posterity?  Hopefully, it's one that will make them smile. Hopefully, it's a loving, kind footprint. Hopefully, it's a unique and unforgettable footprint.

Here's another quote:   "  Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for awhile and put footprints on our hearts.  And we are never, ever the same."

No comments: