Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm thankful for........

Yes, I'm feeling in the thankful mood. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day!
I got my IPAD today and I can't put it down. I think I won't have time for anything else. There are a million apps you can get for just about anything you can think of - and free ones at that!! I just looked through all the magazine apps. I got the Seattle magazine for free, but there were a lot of free ones(mags) that I've never even heard of.  I guess I can waste enormous amounts of time on this, but, hey!
it's fun!
Anyways, back to being thankful........right now I'm thinking of how thankful I am to have a warm house.
It is sooooooo freeeeeeeeezzzzing cold outside.  We are having abnormally cold weather for November.
It is below zero outside right now. We just are NOT use to the below zero #'s. 

I know I take for granted all the luxuries that we have.  One is a nice car.  I have a good car that I can rely on. I'm so thankful for that.
We have electricity and running water (even hot water at that). We are so blessed.  Right now Jay has a nice fire going in the fire place.  It's so nice to have that on a cold, blustery day.
We have plenty of clothes and plenty of food.  I know we will glut ourselves on food tomorrow. It's so nice to have good food to eat. I realize that we really take this for granted.
I guess now that I got started  - I have to mention more - good music, good movies, technology.
We can call anybody at anytime that we want.  I can call my good friend in New Zealand and it's no big deal - because it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. (like it use to). Yes, I'm thankful for good friends, too.
But I know that the most important thing to be thankful for is:  FAMILY.  Yes, I'm so thankful for my loved ones.  Just what would we do with out each other??
We would be quite lonely.   I'm not one that minds being alone, but alone for too long.......that I do mind.

One last thought:  I'm thankful for just normal, ordinary days.
 Here's a thought I read by Jean Irion:
" Just a normal day.  A normal day! It is a jewel!  In time of war, in peril of death, people have dug their hands into the earth and remembered this.  In time of sickness and pain, people have buried their faces in pillows and wept for this.  In time of loneliness and separation, people have stretched themselves taut and waited for this.  In time of hunger, homelessness, want, people have raised bony hands to the skies and stayed alive for this.  Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are.  Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.  Let me hold you while I may, for it will not always be so.  One day, I may dig my nails in the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want more than all the world -- your return.

No comments: