Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I thought I was going to quit.

Yes, I really had decided that I shouldn't blog anymore. I know that only a couple people read my blog and I've been wondering why I was still doing the blog.  Especially since I had accomplished my goal (last year) of doing the marathon. That was the reason I started this blog - to get to that goal.
  But then again, I also wanted to keep myself doing the walking/running thing.

Well, I've been very lax this last month on doing any exercising at all.  I could blame it on a lot of things, but at the end of the day, I know it is because I just didn't make time for it.
So here I am today deciding that I will try hard to start again and keep myself at least doing the walking. I always feel so much better about myself when I'm in that groove. And I have been in that groove for a few years now, why quit??  I love being outside walking, but I will have to settle again for the treadmill this winter. I'm even thinking of getting an eliptical when my feet start to hurt (because of the treadmill).
So tomorrow I'm going to try my last walk around the river for this year. It's suppose to be okay weather tomorrow.
Okay...okay ...enough about that.

I have a long quote to put in here that explains how I feel today. Here goes:

" Stop censoring your actions.  Be you-- the only you there is. No one else is qualified for the job.  Have fun, have a sense of humor and have a million laughs. Be an optimist; be the person you were as a child.  Do something new, exciting and different.  Look at life from a different point of view.  Get curious; ask a trillion questions and experience the joy in looking for the answers.  Make new friends and cherish the old (some are silver and the others gold). Invite creativity to become as much a part of the fabric of your daily life as your everyday routines like making the bed, cooking meals, cleaning the house and caring for the people you love.  Look at these everyday, seemingly mundane tasks and see where you can infuse them with spirit, individuality and fun.
"This quote by Gilda Radner, the comedian who died too young, is a great reminder of the importance of being you: ' While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die, whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness."
"I believe that we each have the individual responsibility to bring forth ourselves into the world."

- Sandra Magsamen

3 comments:

Shellie said...

I don't usually leave you comments, but I do read your blog and I enjoy it!

Marie Winters Adams said...

Thanks Shellie, You are too kind.

Sylvia said...

I am glad you decided to stay with it. I enjoy reading it. I like the quote very much, I need to do the things it mentioned.