Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas time.

Okay, I'm finally going to write a little about Christmas time. (2010)

But before I get into that - I'm going to report that I have started my walking/running regimen again.
Since last Saturday, I have gone 4 miles on the treadmill - every other day.  I don't think it has helped having a cold through it all.  I really thought I could sweat out the cold, but I think I made it worse.  Anywho,
I'm committed to keep this up and do some long jogs at the end of each week. 
Rocky(my son) and I are going to participate in the Miami Marathon at the end of the month.  He will be doing the full and me the half. (of course) I've gotta get ready.

Well, it really was a great Christmas all and all, but of course, the things that went wrong do stick out.

I will first list the things that went right:
1.  We(our family) all got together in one place!
2.  We all had fun - in one way or other and at one time or another.......:)
3.   No one got seriously hurt.
4.   No one lost tons of money gambling, or at least I don't know about it......:)
5.   We saw some neat things....(The Bellagio decorations and water fountains, the M&M factory, Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay, Adventure Dome, Hoover Dam,a couple good movies, a good show, etc.
6.   We could have spent so much more $$  than we spent.........:)
7.   Had some pretty good food - a few times.
8.   Had a pretty good place to stay with a hot tub and pool.
9.   Had a great time w/the Grandkids.

Now the things that went wrong:
1.  Our plane flight was cancelled, so we ended up driving all the way to Las Vegas. (15 hours or so)
2.  Which means we drove all the way back. (and it wasn't pretty driving the 'Blues' in eastern Oregon)
3.   Greg got seriously sick on Christmas Day. (We think it was food poisoning)
4.   We ended up eating at In-n-Out burger for our Christmas Eve feast!
5.   We ate a Buffet for our Christmas Day Feast and for the price - it was sad......
6.   I realized (which I already knew)  that it is sooooooooooo much easier to just have everyone come home.
7.   Rocky J.  really didn't get to stay very long.
8.   We could have spent less $$ than we spent......:)
9.  I got a cold on the way home that just won't leave!! Now Jay is getting it.

Well, I know that you gotta have the bad w/the good -or you don't deserve the good.
So I will just say that it was quite an experience and we probably won't do that again......
but never say never..........

This is at the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.  It was a fun place to take the kids.





                                                             This one was at Hoover Dam

P.S. Oh, and one more!
No one WON tons of money, or at least I don't know about it......:-)

No comments: