Friday, January 14, 2011

January............

It's just not the most fun month is it?? I really don't know anyone who LOVES the month of Januray.  Maybe just those that live in a warmer climate.
I have a few family members that live in sunny Arizona and they don't mind January. 
 They can tell us (with a smirky smile) what the temp is there on any given day in January and make us here (in the Northwest) -EXTREMELY JEALOUS.

Yes, I am longing for a warmer climate right now. Yesterday I did 9 miles on the treadmill and it seemed like FOREVER!  I even watched the entire movie "The Count of Monte Cristo" (which did help), but there is something wrong with walking in the same spot for 9 miles.  I can't quite articulate what the problem is, but it just doesn't seem right to me.  I like to be going some where.



Well, I know that complaining about it - won't get me anywhere. I will get a taste of warm weather at the end of this month.  I'll be meeting our son, Rocky J in Miami to run the marathon.  Rock is running the full and me the half.  I think I already mentioned that, but it's really a great thing to look forward to. I think we'll be running on the beach (or at least near it) most of the way! I can't wait.   Although, my body says it can.  I need to keep up the exercising plan or I will not be in any shape to run.

WEll, these pics I've posted here - are just ones of warmer days in the past couple years....that's all....

No comments: