Friday, January 21, 2011

Mantras

Runnersworld mantras
The above link is to an article in Runner's World about Mantras. I thought it was pretty interesting.

Today I've decided that I need a better mantra in my mind for the race that is coming up.
I'm not even going to tell you what my mantra of the past has been,( because it is quite lame,) but it has worked for me.
I really think it is great to have a mantra or a few mantras to think of during a race.
Since they don't usually let you listen to your Ipods during these races - you need to have something in your mind to keep you motivated.
When I ran the marathon at Salmon River, I kept telling myself,  'You can do this',  'You can do this'.
'You are strong', 'You are strong'.
 It did help......  but that's still not my main mantra....I just can't tell you, because it might come back to haunt me someday....:) (if I tell anyone)

There are plenty of good ones and singing a song in your mind helps, too.
So if anyone reading this has any great suggestions, I'm all ears!!

Today I jogged 5 miles on the treadmill. I do hope I'm ready for this race, because I haven't been in one since the 5 miler at Ephrata Sage-n-Sun last June.  And I kind of had a tough time at that one-( for some reason.)  I felt better at the 1/2 marathon in Wenatchee last April.
 Well, I do believe a lot of it is in your mind. You can make or break how well you do - just by what you tell yourself.
Positive attitude, Marie,  positive attitude, positive attitude...........
runnersworld mantras

No comments: