Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A sunny day...






Here's a few pics from Christmas time that I wanted to post.  The first one is of baby Gwen after her last surgery on her lip.  It looks sooo much better.  She has all the apparatus off now and is doing fine. The other ones are of the Grandkids, (one of Kallista) and Greg is in a couple of them. Maybe because Heidi is the one that took these pics.  Mine didn't turn out too well. I've gotta start taking my good camera with - instead of using my I-phone.  The last photo is of all of us (except Rocky) at Hoover Dam.
I'm so glad we were all able to get together.  I can see it is getting harder and harder to make that happen.

Anyways, I have to report about yesterday. It was a beautiful, sunny day here.  I decided to do my 11 miles around the Columbia River.  And believe it or not, I actually got hot.  I had layered on too many clothes. But it felt good to be outside and sweat it out.  My phone said that it got up to 55 degrees! 
I know it's causing a lot of melting and flooding which isn't good, but I sure enjoyed the day.
Well, I can say that my feet felt like lead on most of the walk .  I just couldn't run that much. So that is telling me that I'm not going to be in the best shape for this marathon.  Oh, well.......... I'm just going to have to do what I can.
I'm just so thankful that I can get out and move.  I feel so badly about Vera.  She can't even stand up. Your quality of life does suffer when you are laying in bed most of the day, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What adorable grandkids you have! How fun to get to see them over the holidays. It's always so wonderful to be with family, isn't it.