Monday, November 16, 2009

Nov. 16th - not just another Monday

   Last night a great man and influence in my life passed away.  Pres. L. Judd Allsop.  He was my Bishop growing up and then a Stake President in our Church.  I grew up with most of his children.  I knew 4 of them pretty well.  The other 4 were older than me. 2 of them passed away before their time.
I will definitely go to his funeral which is at the end of this week in Yakima, Wash.   I feel a lot of changes around me at this time of my life. (especially Births and Deaths)
 Pres. Allsop's  passing away makes me reflect on a lot of things.
I realize how great it was to grow up where I grew up and had the friends that I had.  I'm so thankful for knowing all these wonderful people that shaped my life.  And I'm especially thankful for my wonderful family and extended family.  That's really what life is all about. Your loved ones around you.
   I had a good weekend - it's always great to go to Yakima Valley and see my family there.  My brother's football team didn't win, but my neice's volleyball team won the championship title.  So  there's always good and bad.....ying and yang.......happy and sad........etc, etc...
Then yesterday I was quite busy with church jobs.  This time of year (as I probably already said in another post) is a time that I'm asked to play the piano and organ quite a bit  for people. (special holiday #'s)
I'm actually getting use to it and enjoy being at the piano - rather than singing or something else.
I'm thankful I can use this talent - in a good way. 
On another note >>>>
    We had a good friend that was re-baptized last night. He had a lot of people there - from our community and Quincy.  It really was an out  pouring of love and forgiveness- especially on behalf of his own family.
It reminded me how powerful Christ's Atonement really is.  That we can really be forgiven for our mistakes.

Well, all the musical #'s and the talks were great.  But I do have one saying that I remember from one of the talks:
Sometimes God calms the Storm-
and sometimes he lets the storm rage....and calms his child.

P.S. I did 3 miles on the treadmill today.

No comments: