Monday, November 23, 2009

Breath of Heaven -

Today I'm thinking of the song:  'Breath of Heaven'  sung by Amy Grant. It's a beautiful song that reminds me of Christmas - talking about Mary the mother of Jesus. I'm sure it has more history that I don't know about and is sung by other artists - but that's the only version I've heard.
I feel the Christmas feeling coming on, because we had our first little sciff of snow on Sunday.  I know this week is Thanksgiving and I need to do a blog on that - because I have so much to be thankful for.  But for now I'm going to just talk about the past few days.  After my last blog, I did run on the treadmill between 3-4 miles.  But I had such a busy weekend - that I haven't done any other exercising.
   When I went down to Yakima for the funeral - my car was broken in to and the XM radio and Hands free phone kit were stolen.  That of course, causes a lot of bother.  I've had to call around to get a Car window ordered and installed.(which hasn't happened yet). I've had to talk to the insurance a few times to make my claims, talk to the police, Fax the police statement to the insurance, get a new insurance card and registration (since they were stolen out of my car, too), Call and get a new owner's manual for my vehicle. (yep, that was stolen, too.  And I know I haven't said everything, but it is very sad that other people can inflict such pain and sorrow on you - when it is no fault of your own.  Now I'm not saying that this was a lot of pain and sorrow, because it was things that could be replaced.   But it did make me think of all the injustices that people do to other people that cause a lot of pain and sorrow.  It's just not right.  I guess we just have to realize this and make sure that we don't cause pain and sorrow for others.  ( And be thankful that we are not is such despair that we feel we have to rob, plunder, or steal anything.)
Well, enough of that.
L. Judd Allsop's funeral was wonderful. What a good life and good man- who had a great family. This is the kind of celebration of life that you want to go to when you go to a funeral. I've been to some funerals of children and I've been to two where the persons took their own life.  Those were so heartbreaking.

Brother Allsop's life was a testimonial of love and service: he served his wife, children, and many grandchildren with selflessness over many decades; he was a loyal friend; he generously volunteered his time in his community and church.  
As I was sitting at this funeral and listening to his children talk.  I thought that this could be like a funeral for my own Dad. My dad is quite similar to this man.  Very kind, gentle and loving.  I'm so thankful for having these great men in my life - as such good examples of what a man should be.
  Well, that's my 2 cents worth today. 
Jay made it safely home from California yesterday - so I'm happy.  We are going to dinner and a movie tonight!!  This week we are driving to Utah to meet our daughter Staci's family for Thanksgiving.  Rocky is coming,too - but Greg & Heidi won't be able to make it - since they are moving in to their first purchased home (condo).

No comments: