Thursday, November 19, 2009

Trying my best....

Yes, I did 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday and tonight I'm making a vow to do 4 miles.  I'm trying to do better. I'm feeling that I'm not keeping up like I did most all this last summer. Anyways, that's why I'm doing this blog. My mantra...............I can do it......I can do it......(positive mental alignment..)
   I'm going to the funeral in Yakima tomorrow morning of my old Bishop - L. Judd Allsop. (I talked about it in the last blog). I'm sure I'll see a lot of old friends and I'll stay down there a night with my family. 

Jay is on his way in a big U-haul truck to get all of our son, Rocky's stuff.  Rocky has some good furniture and a bed now, so he doesn't want to sale it off and have to get new - like he has been doing the last ten years of his life.  Rocky is an MD......he plans to be a Pathologist.  He has been living in LA for the last year - doing research at 'The House Ear Institute'.  Now he is moving back home while he interviews at all these places for a Residency.  He has already interviewed in New Jersey, Sacramento, CA and next week will interview in Mobile, Alabama.  I'm going with him in December to interview in Memphis, TN and then
Hartford, Conneticut.  He has quite a few more to do in January.  That boy sure keeps Jay and I hopping.  We will be so happy when he finds a good place to do his Residency and maybe settles down for a few years!
He went to Medical School back east in Boston (Tufts) for 3-4 years.  So we went back there quite a bit to see him.  It's been an adventure.
 
Anyways, I have a little something to write today about 'Love'.  I'm pretty sure this quote is out of Marianne
Williamson's book "Return to Love".   I wrote it down one day and I've kept it in my journal - It's something that really resonates with me. Here goes:

There are two ways that love helps me, now and then, to see real people through the filter of my insecurities.
One of them is a growing power to love myself enough to be thankful for what I am, and to forgive myself for what I am not!  I feel this power intermittently, I admit, but I feel it enough to get my eyes off my anxieties about myself and get a focus on what is going on with other people.

Love also helps me to get outside of myself long enough to discover that the people whose favor I need so much are as weak and needy as I am.   They are trusting me to care about them while I am struggling to see them through the haze of my own anxieties.  If I discern them in their needs, I am getting the imagination to catch a moment of grace when it comes.  :)
  

No comments: