Sunday, December 27, 2009

Movies and books this month

I was just thinking of the movies I've seen this Holiday Season.
New Moon  -from the Stephanie Meyer books. I liked it - saw it twice.
The Blind Side - true story  and worth seeing twice!
Invictus - about Nelson Mandela and the Rugby league in South Africa. Wonderful movie.
Avatar - Amazing computer technology in this one!  I want to see this one again also.
In fact all 4 of these movies were worth seeing twice.
Now I'm wanting to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie.  I guess you could say that Jay & I are
definitely movie goers.  Rocky enjoys going with us to them, also. We tried going to the Sherlock Holmes
movie on Saturday night in Moses Lake, but the place was packed.  Way too many people - so I guess we'll
wait until this coming week - maybe even tomorrow night!

I've also read two books this month while I was on the trip back east with Rocky.
 First one was: 'Deception Point' - by Dan Brown.  He has written some amazing books (The DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons, and the Symbols one (I can't remember the name right now)  But he is an amazing story teller  that combines history and facts and technology and symbolic meanings, etc. etc.  You almost believe that everything he says is the absolute truth.
Then the second one was: ' Dear John ' by Nicholas Sparks.
Yes, I'm a girl and I like these romantic novels. Nicholas Sparks always throws in a twist at the end - that usually makes you sad, but you realize that it was the right thing to do for the character that he created.

Well, that's my movie and book review for today.  It was church day today - so no jogging on the treadmill, but tomorrow morning, most definitely.

No comments: