Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Whoa......it's been a whole week!

Yes, that's right a whole week. I did 5 miles last Wednesday in a Spokane Hotel the night before Rocky and I took off. And now today - (finally).......I was able to do 4 miles of jogging on the treadmill in a hotel in Hartford, Conneticut.
To refresh:.......I'm on a trip with my son, Rocky J.  He is interviewing for a Pathology Residency. He is an MD.  We stopped first in Memphis, TN.   While Rocky was interviewing there, I was able to go to Graceland and see the mansion and all the Elvis memorabilla. Boy, there was a lot of memorabilla. I enjoyed it, though.  Then that night - Rocky and I went into Memphis and walked down Beale Street. That was an experience- lots of music playing and we stopped at a nice restaurant for BarbQued ribs!  Wow, they were fantastic.    Then the next day we drove to Nashville and stayed overnight there.  We were able to see Opryland and take a tour of the city of Nashville. That was great - we saw the Reimen Theatre and the big Country Music Hall of fame (to just name a couple places).  We did get to see a show - The Radio Music City Rockettes Christmas Show.  So we had a good time in that town.
  Then the next day we went back to Memphis to fly out the next morning to Hartford, Conneticut.  And that is where we are now.  We spent yesterday looking around - finding out where the Hospital was that Rocky needed to Interview at.  Then this morning, we woke up to 6 inches (at least) of snow.  Rocky took the rental car to his interview and I'm here just reading and watching shows on TV, and of course, I ran on the treadmill!  I'm at a hotel by the Airport - Springhill suites.  All is well.  I'm thankful that I could go on this trip with my son.  But I do hope we make it home tomorrow in good time.  We will be flying across the country and the weather doesn't look to hot!!  Oh, well..........................

No comments: