Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Being Happier

"There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

I'm still thinking of the 'Happiness Project' Book that I read.
 It is really harder for me to feel happy when it looks so gloomy outside. 
Yesterday I walked the 10 miles around the river, but it was one of the hardest times for me to walk the whole 10 miles.  It was so foggy and cold out and everything looked dead and dreary.  So I tried to think of good things and how I could feel happier.
I re-read a couple things that Gretchen Rubin wrote in her book and here is her 12 personal commandments for  being happy:

1. BE Gretchen (yourself)
2. Let it go.
3. Act the way you want to feel.
4. Do it now.
5. Be polite and fair.
6. Enjoy the process.
7. Spend out.
8. Identify the problem.
9. Lighten up.
10. Do what ought to be done.
11. No calculation.
12. There is only love

That's pretty good. And I would add - think of your blessings.( Have an attitude of gratitude.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!! KEEP ON RUNNING....