Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cold is gone!

Finally, the coughing cold is behind me. Last night I slept without coughing. But my poor husband did not. Now he is coughing a lot and he has me to Thank for it. Oh, well.............
So I don't have any walking/jogging to report. I hope to get started on it early tomorrow morning. :)

I've been working on a Relief Society lesson that I have to give in Church on Sunday. It's on Spiritual Preparedness. I feel like we hear a lot about being materially (temporally) prepared for disasters, but not as much about being Spiritually prepared.  This has caused me to think about it a lot.
If you had a year's supply of food and whatever else you needed on hand - and there was a big disaster and you needed all this stuff - would you share it with your neighbor or friend that needed it, too???
If we were really Christ-like, we should.  Is that part of being Spiritually prepared?? 

Here's a quote from one of our leaders, Elder Robert D. Hale:

As we live providently and increase our gifts and talents, we become more self-reliant.  Self-reliance is taking responsibility for our own spiritual and temporal welfare and for those whom Heavenly Father has entrusted to our care.  Only when we are self-reliant can we truly emulate the Savior in serving and blessing others.

Julie Beck explains self-reliance:

"How do we become self-reliant?  We become self-reliant through obtaining sufficient knowledge, education, and literacy; by managing money and resources wisely, being spiritually strong, preparing for emergencies and eventualities; and by having physical health and social and emotional well-being."


Something to always be working on...................:)

No comments: