Saturday, February 13, 2010

sick..

Your life comes to a screeching halt when you are sick. (No brilliant insight there)      :-)
Yes, after that 10 mile walk in the cold on Monday - I got sicker than a dog.  My coughing cold came back with a vengeance.  (Although, it's been more than a coughing cold.)
I feel like I've had about every sympton that comes with flus and colds: Sore throat, ear ache, sinus headaches, fever, coughing all night, sweats, chills, runny nose, stuffed nose ,etc.
Let's see did I name them all??? 
I've always had sinus and ear problems, but I thought I was on a wellness streak for long while. (and I was)  Especially, because I have been very careful to take better care of myself. 
I exercise more - eat better (I think)- sleep better  and I don't have that much stress. I've learned over the years how to take care of myself. I know that I'm more suseptable (sp?) to sinus and ear problems - but come on do I have to be like the bubble boy!!  I can't live like that.
Well, I know that complaining isn't going to get me anywhere.  I've just got to get over it and go on!
Yesterday I went to the Dr. and got some strong stuff. (Antibiotics, inhaler, cough syrup, etc)
So I really am feeling better today.  But I had been hacking and felt like I was dying for 3 nights before that.     I could kick myself for not going to the Dr. clear back when I got the first cold a few weeks ago.  But then I remembered why I don't go to the Dr. as soon as I should -   I remembered this as I was sitting and waiting in his office for 2 hours and then spent another hour waiting for the perscriptions!
Oh, well.............life goes on, but life feels like crap today!

2 comments:

Shellie said...

Poor Marie. Feel better soon.

Sylvia said...

We sat across from Jay at the dinner tonight. Everyone was asking about you. I hope all the meds kick in and you get over this soon.