Monday, May 13, 2013

10 places on Earth that I'm grateful for

My #1 favorite place is of course the Wenatchee, Washington Apple Trail Loop around the Columbia River.  I can't count the many wonderful times that I have walked this trail and loved every minute of it!  I truly feel closer to God - by being out on this lovely trail.

#2  My next favorite place is in Eden, Utah.... We actually found a home there that we want to retire in.  We purchased the house a couple years ago and go there now for all Holidays and whenever we can get away.  It really is a beautiful area - with mountains all around and a big lake in the middle.
 #3  Ocean Beaches.......almost anywhere. I love the beach, but I do
prefer the warm beaches in places like:  So. California, Florida, Mexico, etc.) The above pic is of  the beach in Newport, Oregon.
Our Winters' Family has gone there in July for many years.
  

#4  Hawaii!  Yes, pretty much anywhere in Hawaii. We were able to take a cruise around all the Islands for our 25th Anniversary. I will never forget it. Each Island was wonderful!! Something about that Tropical feeling - just makes you feel extra good. 


#5  New York City!
 This is a pic of Times Square, of course. There is just Something about NYC. It's something that you can't quite explain to anyone that hasn't been there.  That's why I think everyone should go there at least once in their lifetime.  I was amazed at the diversity of people, places , food.......well, pretty much everything.
You could look down any street and see a mixture of all kinds of people, things, etc.  This city has it all.  I was lucky to go here about 5 different times and get to do all the usual tourist's things.  And I even got the chance to ride the elevators up to the Top of the World Trade Center before 9/11. 
 I also got to go w/my Son - Rocky, when he ran the NYC marathon.  That was an experience all in it's own.....just to be one of the 2 million spectators.  I am in awe of this City.  Hope I get to go here again sometime.


#6  Disney World and DisneyLand
Yep, these are definitely  very important places to go to at least once in your life, too. 
We are all just really kids' at heart, aren't we??

#7  Venice, Italy

Well, pretty much anywhere in Italy is on my list for favorite places to go.  I say Venice, because that is where I've visited and just loved it. We went on a business tour for fruit trees the 2 times I have been here - so we didn't get to see a lot of the tourist places in Italy, (like Rome)  But it still was wonderful what we did see.
 
#8 The Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany

This was another place we got to visit on our Fruit tree Business tour. It really is a magical place.  


#9 Boston, Massachusetts

Boston is a special place to me and my family. My Husband went on his church mission there and our Son went to Tufts Medical School there.  We have had the opportunity to visit a number of times and those visits are very great memories.

Infact, I realize that this should have been much higher on my list of places on Earth that I'm grateful for.  

 

 #10  Zions National Park - Angels Landing

This one has to be on the list . Because it was one of the most awesome places to be (for me). We didn't know what a trek we were taking when we climbed this rock about 2 years ago. (our son told us it wouldn't be too hard)  Well, it wasn't easy that's for sure. Here's a pic of how we had to climb parts of it:

Yes, and there were tougher spots than this! There was also a sign that said at least one person a year falls to their death climbing this Rock!  Well, we did make it and here is a pic of us at the Top:

It really is something we will never ever forget. And the view from up there was just incredible!


No comments: