Saturday, May 4, 2013

Grand kids

Don't I have the most beautiful grandkids in the whole wide world!?!  I can't tell you how much I adore them. And, Here's a pic of the whole family:
This is a pretty recent pic. (about a month ago)
Our daughter, Staci, is their mother and our son-in-law is Chad Larsen.
 
I feel like telling you a little bit about each one of them. I don't think I've said a lot in past blog posts, so here goes:
The Oldest is the only boy : Weston Jay Larsen. He is 9 years old. 
This pic is when he was 7, I think.  But he is really an amazing kid and I'm not just saying that because I'm his grandma.  A lot of other people have said it to me, too...:)
He is always beating us at games -almost any game I've played w/him.  And I don't even try to lose either. He has a very competitive nature and does excel at about everything he tries to do.
He has always been amazing at putting together Legos - starting at 2 years old. One day when he was 6 years old, he said to his parents, " Do you know what the greatest thing in the world is?"
And they said, " No, What?"
And he said, "Lego instructions!"
Now what 6 year old would say something like that!
(Okay, I'll  have to just say one story each about these kids, or I'll never get this blog done...:)
 
 
 
Okay the 1st pic of Analee was when she was a lot younger. (But I just love that one). And the next one is a more recent one.  She is 7 years old now.
She is a very sensitive and loving girl. She is also very observant.  I'll never forget when she was younger and she asked me what were all those polka dots (freckles)  all over my face!
Oh, here is an even more recent pic of Analee below:
 
Then you've got Kallista, age 5:
 
And
here is a pic below of her at around 2 0r 3 years:
She has been the one that has said sooooo many funny things. I have quite a list of them in
my little Grandma's book of sayings.  Here's an example:
I had been w/the kids for almost a week one time during little Lydia's surgeries and helping w/a move that they were making to Rigby. And at the end of the week, I was driving them to a park - when Weston asked if I had to go back home soon. I said, "Yes, I probably will have to go soon."  Then Kallista piped up and said "  Don't go Grandma!  We are just starting to like you!"
(Oh, out of the mouth of babes....:)
 
Next there is Gwen. She is 3 years old right now:
Above is when she was younger and would just let me hold her like that forever.  She was the only one that would do that for so long. I'd say that she did that for at least the first 2 years of her life.
Gwen is a very strong willed little girl now. I get quite a kick out of her and how she is.
A few months ago,she was upset about something.  So she had gone into my bedroom and shut the door behind her and had started to tear up some pages in my scriptures. (Greg also did this once when he was little) Anyhoo, I caught her and her parents found out - so they were trying to make her say "I'm sorry Grandma."  She just couldn't do it.  They brought her to me about 10 times until she finally said a very quiet "sorry".   It was so funny that I tried not to laugh, but it was so hard for her to do.'
 
Then we have little Lydia:
 
Lydia will be one in June.
 
 
The above is a picture before one of her surgeries. She had a cleft lip and palate.
Even with all that she has been through, she will smile. She has such a sweet spirit about her.
We are so thankful for this little girl.
 
Okay, I had to do a little bragging. That's what a Grandma does.

No comments: