Friday, May 31, 2013

10 things about my Religion that I'm thankful for....

My Family and My Church have been my life.
   
     I have belonged to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints my whole life. Well, technically since I was 8 years old. (That's when you are baptized in to the Church.
   Below is a picture of Jay and I with our oldest grandchild - Weston Jay Larsen. This is when he
was baptized into our church.


Our Church has a program called Primary that teaches the young children up to age 12 years about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Then after 12 - they go into the Young Men and Young Women programs.
They learn more about living a Christ-like Life, but they also have more activities and goal-setting programs to enjoy.  Then after the age of 18 - The Young Women go to Relief Society and the Men go to their Priesthood meetings.

What is great about being and working in the Church  - you learn so much and can do so many different things.
You have callings that teach you how to do things that you wouldn't otherwise do.  For years I have been able to play the Organ and Piano for many of the meetings that we have.  I've also been able to play for Weddings and Funerals.  This has made me do better at keeping up on those musical skills than I would not have otherwise done. I'm thankful for that, because I actually enjoy it.

10 things about my religion that I'm grateful for:

1. Knowledge that God is my Heavenly Father

2. Being able to learn - The Gospel of Jesus Christ

3. Having a Prophet and Church Leaders to guide us.

4. Knowledge that my Family can be Forever (The Plan of Salvation)

5. Having Opportunities to Serve

6. Being able to study the scriptures (Bible and Book of Mormon)

7. Primary

8. Young Men's and Young Women's

9.  Relief Society

10. Knowledge of the Temple (and temple covenants)






No comments: