Tuesday, April 6, 2010

11 and 1/2 miles

Yes, I did 11 and 1/2 miles today. I know because I have a new app on my I-phone called Runkeeper. It's pretty cool, but I'm not sure I like that it tells me every 5 minutes how fast I'm going and how far I've gone and what time it is. Oh, well............ This is helping me get ready for the 1/2 mara next week. It was a pretty day outside and I really loved feeling the sunshine on my face.
I think I'll add a recent picture of Jay and I - just for the fun of it.
This was at my nephew (Beau's) farewell.
This isn't one of our better photos - maybe it's because we are just getting older. (Boo...hoo...)
But it's also because I'm standing on a step above Jay and looking down.
Anyways,
I have a good quote by Eckhart Tolle that I'd like to add today:

People believe themselves to be dependent on what happens for their happiness. They don't realize that what happens is the most unstable thing in the universe. It changes constantly.  They look upon the present moment as either marred by something that has happened and shouldn't have or as deficient because of something that has not happened but should have.  And so they miss the deeper perfection that is inherent in life itself,
a perfection that lies beyond what is happening or not happening.  Accept the present moment and find the perfection that is untouched by time.

No comments: