Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

What a beautiful Easter Sunday. I walked 4 miles this morning and even though it was cold - it wasn't as windy as it has been all week and the sun was shining.
I've been trying to walk at least 4 miles everyday. I have done it 3 days in a row now and I want to do it for the next 2 weeks. On April 17th I will be in the 1/2 marathon race in Wenatchee - so I want to be ready for that.
(Usually I walk every other day - maybe this change will help. (we'll see)

I want to mention my friend - Sylvia's blog here today. The link is:
http://sylvia-subjecttochangewithoutnotice.blogspot.com/
She speaks about Mary and Martha in the Bible. I've always loved this story-
Probably because I can relate to it so much. So many many times I have felt like Martha, too. But I know I have some Mary in me. I just have to remind myself of this often. I can easily get caught up in all the little things that don't matter as much.
Anyways, I'm sitting here listening to General Conference on TV and trying to make myself sit still. So many times I have had a hard time just sitting and listening - I usually hop up and do something(there is always something to do.) So I'm trying to make myself sit and listen. I guess I'd better get off this computer and put my full attention to what is being said. :)
Have a Happy Easter.

No comments: