Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mobile,Alabama

Well, from what I have seen of Mobile, Alabama area the last few days - it's not that bad. We've been to almost every Apartment complex there is in this area and let me tell you! - there are quite a few.  I've lost track of how many we've seen and I'm definitely getting them all mixed up in my mind as to who said what and how much this and that cost and.....and........
Luckily, my son has a much better and younger mind and can remember more of the details. We've finally settled on one that is new and gives you much more bang for your bucks.  I really thought at first that he should stay closer to the university and medical center that he is working at , but I could quickly see that I was wrong.  Most all of the complexes around -made me think of the projects in bigger cities. I won't say what cities,but I'm sure you get the picture.  There was one really nice one, but of course, it was way too expensive.  So we narrowed it down to 3 places, but kept going back to the one and finally - after much debate - we agreed on the best place that had the best deal (in our minds).
 I really haven't had to go apartment hunting much in my life and I can tell you that I'm so thankful for that. I'm so glad that I haven't had to do that as much as our son has.  He really has lived in almost every type of place that you can imagine and he's had a couple of nice ones, too.
But I'm sure he will be so happy to one day have a home of his own - instead of  renting an apartment.
I hope that he will get that opportunity some day. 
We have one last day (tomorrow) and we hope to drive down to Pensacola, Florida. It's only a 45 minute drive from here.  I tell you - I could live in a place that is warm all year round and has palm trees. I know they have to worry about hurricanes, but I think I could deal.  Rocky is that way, too.  He lived in Boston during his medical school years and was tired of the very,very cold winters.

And I finally did get to go on the treadmill (4 miles) this morning.  Rocky is on it now. 

No comments: