Friday, April 9, 2010

Humor

Yes, I'm thinking of Humor today. I'm thankful for the humor in my life.  I have a husband that always looks at the light side of things and tends to cheer me up quite a bit. (most the time)
My sons and daughter are always teasing and trying to be funny. (and most of the time they are funny).
   Sometimes they can go overboad - like some of Greg's April Fools Day jokes. (huh, Greg?!)

Anyways, today I'm going to think about all the funny stuff in my life.  We love a lot of silly shows.
The movie 'What about Bob' (with Bill Murray) comes to mind.  I don't know how many times we've watched that show. Then there's 'Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (with Steve Martin & John Candy)  and Back to School (Rodney Dangerfield). Oh, I guess I shouldn't start naming them all, but of course I just thought of Mel Brooks' 'Young Frankenstein' and 'Blazing Saddles' from the 70's. 
Also, we get a kick out of 'The Office'  and we are still watching (over and over) 'Seinfeld'  reruns.
 Does this prove that we like humor in our house?  I think so......

On a different note....I did walk 4 miles yesterday (in the howling wind) and 3 miles today (on the treadmill).

humor quote of the day:
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes...  - Author unknown

1 comment:

Collin said...

I love "What about Bob." I've found death therapy particularly helpful.