Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring

I think it's really here - Spring. Here's a picture of the little purple flowers on my walk today around the farm.
Even though we live in the desert and it's not that pretty (compared to my walk around the river in Wenatchee) - you still can find some beauty. This picture doesn't really do it justice.
 I just felt that great feeling this morning swell inside me that I haven't felt this year until today.  The feeling was 'YEA!'  it really feels like spring now.  It still was chilly on my walk, but not so bad and I know the weather is suppose to get warmer every day this week.  The 1/2 mara in Wenatchee this Saturday should be on a really nice day.  They say it's suppose to be in the 70's and sunny.  YAHOOOO!
   So I walked around the farm and some other farms in the area (twice). The distance was about 7 miles and on Sunday I did 4.  So I think that I'm feeling ready for Saturday. I don't know why I'm getting nervous about it - I've done this before.  I guess it's because I haven't been in a race since last fall. (and I've gained a few lbs. since then).  Oh, well.............

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wasn't today just beautiful?! I loved how springy it felt and had a great walk by myself today, too.

I love reading your walking blog. You are really inspiring me to get out and be active. And I'm sure you'll do awesome on Saturday!

Marie Winters Adams said...

Thanks, Leslie!
I love reading your blog, too!