Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another day....

I did walk 6 - 7 miles at least today.  I really felt the need to.(since I haven't walked that far for a couple weeks).
It was a beautiful day out side, but turned a little cold when I decided to go out in the afternoon.(of course).
Anyways, I'm glad I did, but I realize how quickly you can feel out of shape. It's hard for me to believe right now that I did a Marathon last fall.  I have a long ways to go to feel ready to do another one. I hope I have the time this year to train like I did last year. We'll see........

On another note......my mother had a hip replacement surgery today. She told me not to come over until tomorrow to see her.  So that is what I will do, but my Dad called and sounded a little shook up.  I guess Mom was in a lot of pain right after the surgery - for some reason they didn't give her the right meds (or any meds for that matter) to help w/the pain.  I guess they (the Dr's or nurses) apologized (after hearing some crying) and got her on something to ease the pain.  
Yes, it's hard to see your parents' lives change and see them age.  I really wish we could freeze ourselves at a certain age (when we look & feel our best, of course).  But that's not the way it goes.
Life goes on - that's the only thing that is a constant.

My quote for today:

Life is not easy for any of us, but what of that?? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves.  We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.

- Marie Curie'

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Your poor Mom. You wonder how on earth they could neglect something like that. I hope she does well when the difficult recovery time is past.
Also, that is a great quote.