Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Do it Anyway...

Today I walked about 8 miles around the river. It was a beautiful Spring day.(just fabulous)
I listened to Martina McBride's song about doing it anyway. Quote: "You can spend your whole life building - something from nothing and one storm can come and blow it all away......build it anyway.....build it anyway.
Yep, that's how I feel about a lot of things. Many times I've said to myself "Why did I worry and put so much time and effort in to this and it really didn't matter that much anyway." Well, maybe it does matter - even a little bit.(to somebody)
I guess I won't go in to details about what things I'm thinking about.(that require a lot of time and effort). But I've finally (after all these years) figured out that it all depends on my attitude. When I do something with an attitude of acceptance that whatever happens....happens -then I'm fine and not re-living the experience over and over.(and getting upset over and over) I should not expect to get kuddos and should not expect everything to be how I want it to be. This is just life. And life goes on.
So that's my pep talk to myself today. I'm sure I will give it to myself again. But I think I'm growing up......a little bit. :)

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I understand what you are saying and I guess it is part of growing up not to expect certain things, but it sure is nice when someone does say thank you or great job. You are such a wonderful person with so many talents, just go ahead and pat yourself on the back!

Marie Winters Adams said...

You are too kind,Sylvia. Thanks for that!!